Sunday, July 18, 2010

All poetry considered here

Before I turn to favorite poems, resources about poetry and poets (and those resources will include web resources as well as print), I would like to establish one parameter. Poetry from around the world will be considered here. English, American, South American, African, Asian, ancient and contemporary and everything in between. I hear about the study of dead white guys, and I assume that means wonderful writers like Wordsworth and Shelley, Browning and Tennyson. They will be included here. This blog would not last long without Nikki Giovanni, though, or Frank X. Walker or Marilou Awiakta. Or Maxine Kumin. Or Basho. Or Adrienne Rich. Or whoever wrote the sensuous words of the Song of Solomon. And on, and on.

As the Shakers say, I bid you kindly welcome. Poets long gone and poets still breathing. And you, who are reading my words. Welcome. Enjoy my journey with me for ever long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment